Answers To All Your Querries
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions.
HOW LONG WILL A NEW ROOF LAST?
- The lifespan of a roof depends on so many factors that include exposure to natural elements such as rain, wind, sun, humidity and snow. The conditions will in time age the roofing components if you have few roofs that are missing or damaged
- Gutters that do not drain properly pose major problems to the roofing components. These clogged gutters allow rain water to flow back onto the roof possibly rotting the decking and the fascia boards
- Inadequate roof ventilation and insulation can also reduce the lifespan of the roofing components. Without sufficient space ventilation, extreme temperature difference between the space of the home and the outdoors will cause an expansion and contraction of the roofing components which may rub granules off the shingle and cause shingle to curl.
- Depending on the selection of roofing components, new roofs are given years of warranty regarding the roof in question. The material types include:
AZ150 – 30 years warranty
Premium Aluzinc – 15 years warranty
Stone-coated Chipped Tiles – 50 years warranty
Steel Trusses – 60 years warranty
Aluminum (IBR, IDT, Standing Seam) – Lifetime.
WHAT PREPARATION DO I NEED TO MAKE INSIDE MY HOME BEFORE THE WORK BEGINS?
- Firstly, you need to get ladder in place to enable the installer to climb with ease but if Westcoast Roofing System is install either the wood or the trusses, we will be responsible for providing the ladder.
- During installation, there will be vibrations so it is recommended that ceiling fixtures are protected and all pictures and items of value are removed from the walls. If you need any assistance, please be sure to ask us before the project begins.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE ROOFING MATERIALS ARE DELIVERED TO MY HOMES?
- Work begins a day after the materials are delivered to your site. Depending on the size of the structure, our installers will use 2 to 4 days to finish installation.
- We request you keep the drive way clear on the day the roofing materials are to be delivered.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I NEED A NEW ROOF?
- Leakages are obvious clues that your roof needs repair or replacement. The condition of the roof will determine whether a repair or replacement is needed.
- Discoloration spots on wall, peeling paint on the ceiling, drips and loose wallpapers are indicators of a leaking roof.
WHAT WILL THE ESTIMATOR LOOK FOR WHEN INSPECTING THE ROOF OF MY HOME?
Westcoast Roofing System estimators will check the roof covering, drainage systems, the roof rafters and trusses or woodwork.
ARE ESTIMATES FREE?
Estimates are free. Call to schedule an appointment with our experienced estimators. After careful examination, we will provide you with a documented proposal detailing our findings, cost and options available.
CAN A NEW ROOF LOWER MY ENERGY CONSUMPTION?
A well ventilated and properly insulated space will help reduce moisture condensation and heat loss in cold and hot weather conditions enabling you to conserve energy.
DO I HAVE TO BE HOME DURING THE ROOFING PROJECT?
Not unless you choose to be there. Roofing is a noisy, messy project but when we are through you should not be able to tell we were there. You only need to keep your valuables safe.